Friday, April 13, 2012

Bleakest House.

Been a little quiet here of late. I've been writing a bit for The New Timer which I've very much been enjoying but, unfortunately, it often means I keep the more interesting topics for that blog because, you know, more people read it.

Been suffering a little from the full time work blues or, as it's otherwise known as, Real Life. Coupled with a frustrating feeling that my riding isn't really improving has created a slight struggle to be inspired to ride (or write, for that matter).

I've also, for the first time since I finished my thesis, had the urge to study/read/think. That's kind of exciting, because I was a bit resigned to having killed that passion for good. But it appears that it's back...which in turn makes work at a bike shop more than a little frustrating at times.

I've said that I want to spend the next year or possibly more dedicated to bike racing but, unless I get some kind of breakthrough soon, I think I will struggle to remain motivated. I'm a positive reinforcement kinda guy and just treading water doesn't sit well with me.

I can't work out if it's something I'm not doing, or something the Universe isn't delivering, or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment