Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Strike Of Midnight.

When I was a kid, I always wanted to be a writer. At around the age of 12, after writing the start of dozens of stories, and finishing none of them, I realised it was really hard, and dismissed the idea.

Since then I have held vague ideas about doing some profession which requires me to use my brain, and not much else.

However, with my increasing interest in all things mechanical in the past three years, and my re-emerging interest in the written word (creative rather than academic) I think maybe I should be re-routing my life in another direction.

That's what next year is for. No uni, no structure. I'm gonna ride bikes, fix bikes, read books, and write stuff. Knowing me I am fairly certain I will run into patches of despair, creative depression, rage and probably indifference.

But I'll get through it. Who knows what new skills I might have by the end of next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment