Sunday, July 3, 2011

To Assume, From Ignorance.

Brendan linked me onto this great blog. I have only read a little but it essentially tackles most of the topics i try too. The difference being that this man can write well, and his inspiration doesn't trickle off after three hundred words. The link above addresses the nihilistic issue i was discussing the other day. His most recent post also discusses his transition from heavy metal to punk.

Yeh, it kinda sucks when you discover your schtick has already been done, and done better. But it's also comforting to know other people kinda know where you're coming from, and even think it worth writing about.

Brendan, the other day, talked about one of the side effects of heavy training is the limitations of thought. I guess that is one thing that fills the void that Al Burian talks about. To throw yourself into a task, a belief, a faith, is too put off the realisation that we surround ourselves by construct. This blog entry is just one such activity, just as drawing a comic is. Even listening to Taylor Swift, as I am now, is one more way too propagate this myth of meaning.

I'm not sure I can stop thinking. And more puzzling of all, I don't know if it's a bad thing.

SHIT THIS PLACE IS BECOMING FORMULAIC.



No comments:

Post a Comment