Saturday, July 30, 2011

Glued to the TV, While the Rest of the World is Burning.

One of my oldest friends came home from a year away on exchange. We were talking shit, almost as if we were carrying on from a conversation we had been having before he left. I was surprised, and pleased, at how natural it felt

Talk eventually drifted to my veganism, and my drinking much less (if at all). I tried showing him that I was the same person, that I still sought out the lols like i did before he left, and that it was simply a case of priorities re-arranging themselves, due partly to the forging of new friendships, and the continuation of my ever present inner-dialogue.

But, as the conversation continued to drift, it occurred to me that, perhaps I have changed. A year away is enough to judge a change in someone, and Tim clearly felt some difference in me.

I hope it's for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment