Saturday, June 18, 2011

18 and Life

It constantly amuses me to see the concessions people make in order to impress others. I like to think of myself as fairly impervious to this kind of thing. You know, 'fuck it, I am who I am and damn the consequences!' kinda shit.

But I, just like everyone else, fell victim to this. It was 2008 and I was chasing this girl. She was really into Skid Row. Back then, all I wanted to listen to was Slayer, Testament, Carcass and maybe some Exodus. Glam metal was not my thing.

But, for a few months, I became pretty convinced Skid Row were my favourite band. I played their records a lot, and played out the various ways i could straighten my hair to get Sebastian's Bach's incredible locks.

Eventually I realised that there was only so much I could listen to this fuckin pout band before i lusted for the speed and filth of thrash once again. I was a thrash head!

But, hell, looks like you can fool yourself into all sorts of lies for a girl with platinum blonde hair and a penchant for Marlboro Reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment